We Are The World
I tried to tell them that I didn’t want to sing. But I’d gladly write a song instead
4 The Tears In Your Eyes is written by Prince and performed by Prince & The Revolution for inclusion into the album. Prince was unable to participate in the We Are The World recording due to the scheduling commitments of the Purple Rain Tour and instead performed his own specially written song, from a mobile studio set up outside the New Orleans Superdome the location of tour at the time. The footage of this performance was televised on the night of the LiveAid concert. It is also Prince’s first contribution to a compilation album.
An acoustic version of 4 The Tears In Your Eyes1 was later released on 13 September 1993 on The Hits / The B-Sides triple album, the same CD on which Hello also appears. Due to his non-participation at LiveAid Prince wrote Hello in response to the negative press he had consequently received: “We’re against hungry children, our record stands tall, but there’s just as much hunger here at home” he sings in Hello. Hello was a non-album track released as a B-side to Pop Life.
- Columbia Records
- Columbia Records
- 35 years, 8 months ago on 23 April 1985
- Running Time
- US Chart Peak
- UK Chart Peak
- No Release
- We Are The World [by USA for Africa] (7:02)
- If Only For A Moment, Girl [by Steve Perry] (3:44)
- Just A Little Closer [by The Pointer Sisters] (3:53)
- Trapped [by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band] (5:11)
- Tears Are Not Enough [by Northern Lights] (4:21)
- 4 The Tears In Your Eyes [feat. Lisa Coleman & Wendy Melvoin] (2:45) 1
- Good For Nothing [by Chicago] (3:35)
- Total Control [by Tina Turner] (3:38)
- A Little More Love [by Kenny Rogers] (2:54)
- Trouble In Paradise [by Huey Lewis & the News] (4:34)
1 Written and produced by Prince. Performed by Prince & the Revolution.
© Goldies Parade, 1998 – 2021 | Privacy