Versace got it going on in the gold mesh
Prêt-A-Porter is a comedy movie directed by Robert Altman, and stars an ensemble cast including Sophia Loren, Julia Roberts, Kim Basinger, Rupert Everett, Richard E Grant and Cher, among others. It is a story chronicling the interconnected lives of its characters in the lead-up to Paris Fashion Week.
The Prêt-A-Porter (translated as “ready to wear”) album soundtrack was released on 6 December 1994 and contains one Prince released track, Get Wild, which was co-written by Prince (at the time under the name of Prince love symbol) and Sonny T but is credited as the New Power Generation. It was recorded at Paisley Park in May 1994 with the full line-up of the New Power Generation.
The soundtrack was released ahead of NPG’s Exodus album on which Prince released Get Wild as the lead single, however the versions differ slightly – that on Prêt-A-Porter being 1:25 longer. The soundtrack peaked in the US at number 29 on Billboard’s Top 200 Chart.
Prince did attend the actual Paris Fashion Week in July 1995, as a guest of Donna Versace. Each attendee to Versace’s collection unveiling received the promotional cassette The Versace Experience, which contains a remix of Get Wild.
- Columbia Records
- Columbia Records
- Gabrielle Raumberger
- 26 years, 4 months ago on 6 December 1994
- Running Time
- US Chart Peak
- UK Chart Peak
- Orig. Formats
- Here Comes The Hotstepper [Heartical Mix] [by Ini Kamoze] (4:08)
- My Girl Josephine [by Super Cat] (3:40)
- Here We Come [by Salt-N-Pepa] (4:05)
- Natural Thing [by M People] (5:03)
- 70's Love Groove [by Janet Jackson] (5:45)
- Jump On Top Of Me [by The Rolling Stones] (4:26)
- These Boots Are Made For Walkin' [by Sam Phillips] (2:57)
- Pretty [Remix] [by The Cranberries] (3:39)
- Martha [by Deep Forest] (4:01)
- Close To You [by The Brand New Heavies] (4:04)
- Keep Giving Me Your Love [West End Mix] [by Ce Ce Peniston] (5:55)
- Get Wild (5:58) 1
- Supermodel Sandwich [by Terence Trent D'Arby] (3:42)
- Lemon [Perfecto Mix] [by U2] (8:56)
1 Credited as The New Power Generation
© Goldies Parade, 1998 – 2021 | Privacy